A site security officer plays an important role in enforcing law and shielding employer’s belongings and property. Intruders and thieves are an unending threat to most businesses, it is very important to maintain security of your business organization. It should be a top priority in your organization. It is very vital for your business to evaluate and see how you can improve your security. An organization’s security measures are often unnoticed until something goes awful. Having a site security officer is essential for security of the premises whether it is an organization or a public place. The presence of a site security officer is very essential for those businesses that deal in high value merchandise or are located in an area that has a high crime rate.
Importance of site security officer for security
Security measures such as cameras and alarm systems can protect your sensitive data inside your building but without site security officer it cannot be monitored and you cannot be protected as long as a site security officer is not appointed for monitoring your security. The presence of site security officer on the premises often serves as a deterrent to potential lawbreakers and criminals. Site security officer provides monitoring services for property owners and helps them to provide a safe environment and prevent violence. A site security officer plays different roles but the main reason for which they get hired in companies or at any site is for preventing crimes. They work in public and private buildings and organizations to prevent crimes. They also appointed in a public places to facilities guarding against potential terrorist attacks. The presence of site security officer at a site provides peace of mind and sense of security to the owner of the organization as well as to the people who are present in that site.
Benefits of having site security officer on site
- A site security officer works for the security of interior and exterior of the premise where they work.
- Site security officer effectively monitors windows, doors and main gates and they always make sure that they are locked properly.
- If a security alarm sounds in the situation of emergency then the site security officer is the first person on the scene. He is the one who makes the call to emergency, police, fire brigade or ambulance services.
- He monitors CCTV footage and takes instant and required actions if something is happening wrong at the site.
- They prepare daily active reports and logs of the sites where they are appointed for the security. During the situation of robbery, burglary and assault the security guard under the guidance of the site security officer will need to apprehend the suspect.
- Site security officer is also responsible for allocating the security of the parking lots. Their presence is the only reason for criminals to think twice before breaking into cars. They monitor and report any suspicious activities. They monitor and respond to emergency alarms.